Important I am not a Microsoft employee or affiliated with them, and this is my personal experience. This is super easy but I don’t provide technical support.
Microsoft made a change to Microsoft Edge (Chromium) so that when you paste website address links from Edge to other programs instead of pasting the full website URL as plain text it pastes it as a hyperlink with the title of the website and the address hidden. I find this frustrating. I like people to see the actual website address (plain text) and page titles are often not useful for describing the content.
Fortunately, it is very easy to fix so that website addresses paste as plain text and there is an option in Edge Chromium to change the default paste action. You can fix this in 4 easy steps!
How to fix it so website address links paste as plain text in Windows 10
- In Microsoft Edge, select More, and then select Settings.
- Under Settings, select Share, Copy & Paste.
- Under Share, Copy & Paste, select the default option you want: Link, to paste the URL as a hyperlinked title, or Plain text, to paste the URL as a web address.Now, when you right-click, Plain text (Default) is the default option and Link is the alternative to paste a hyperlinked title.
- You’re done!
If you’re a bit more technical, you can go to Settings directly:
- In the Microsoft Edge address bar, type edge://settings/sharecopypaste, and then press Enter.
- Under Share, Copy, & Paste, select the default option you want:
- To paste the URL as a hyperlinked title, select Link.
To paste the URL as a web address, select Plain text.
Thanks for reading!