Last Updated: February 2021
By visiting this website you accept the
The list of services used on this site from time-to-time may include:
- Google Doubleclick: advertising (Search Results Page)
- Substack: email newsletter (current newsletter)
- Revue: email newsletter (current newsletter)
- Stripe: payments
- WuFoo: contact form
- Cloudflare: DNS
- Nixihost: Webhosting
In the interests of transparency, the following services have been used in the past:
- Admiral: ad block tracking
- Google Analytics: audience insights
- HelloBar: analytics and site status notifications
- Quantcast: audience insights
- Linked In Ads: audience insights/advertising
- Twitter Analytics: audience insights
- Inspectlet: audience insights/session recording/heatmaps/UX insights
- Twitter Conversion Tracking: advertising
- Dexter: customer service/bots/Facebook Chatbot
- MailChimp: email newsletter (old newsletter)
This site may, from time-to-time, have embedded widgets and services from companies such as:
- Linked In
The above list is not intended to be exhaustive and may be changed from time-to-time.
If you don’t want to accept these services you can opt-out from most of those used for advertising by going to the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) Opt-Out form.
If you are not satisfied with the effectiveness of the NAI Opt-Out, you may want to consider a browser plugin like Ghostery. It can block a lot more but may limit features on this and other websites.
As a courtesy, I also list additional ways to protect your online privacy on this and many other sites on this Tips page.
If you contact me using the contact form, I may use the details you provided to contact you. I do not sell, license, or otherwise use your email for any other purpose.
The Last Week in Digital Media newsletter is powered by Substack and Revue but was previously powered by MailChimp. Details on how to unsubscribe from the newsletter are at the bottom of every email. If you’re having issues, please contact me.
If you subscribe to Last Week in Digital Media. I do not sell the email list or data.
If you want to unsubscribe from the newsletter, there is an unsubscribe link in every email and it is the best way to unsubscribe. If you have any issues with unsubscribing, you can contact me.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
This site does not market to children under the age of 13 years old.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
This site seeks to comply with CCPA requirements. Although to be clear, this site does not satisfy any of the revenue or data collection thresholds specified by CCPA.