If you don’t read the FAQ and send me an email asking for backlinks or spam me, this is where your email is posted publicly.
I have a very broad definition of spam, which is as follows:
- pretending you think an article is “good” and my readers may “like it” or that “may find it interesting” or I should “link to it” is a backlink request (unless you offer to pay)
- where it’s clear you have poorly scraped data from another service or it’s more-than-likely you are bought my email address from some database, this includes proposals or pitches to sell me data that it’s clear you’re scraping, stealing, or obtaining through borderline inappropriate means will get you added to this list.
- emailing me on my personal email when it’s clearly business or work-related counts as spam. This also includes using the contact form for business purposes. If you want to talk about something work-related use Linked In.
- if it’s abundantly clear you have no idea what I do and it’s a broad generic sales pitch where the only effort you have put into it is merging in my email address and name (and sometimes not even that).
- emailing me at one company email about another company I may (or may not) be associated with counts as spam and also will get you permanently blocked at both companies.
- sending sales emails marked as urgent, multiple emails on the same day, sales or marketing emails with read receipts (I always block them but also identify who sends them).
- a sales pitch where you end it with “or direct me to the right person”, or the “I was browsing your Linked In profile and I thought”.
- a “schedule time with me now using this link” etc.
Any one of the above will earn your email a place on this wall of shame. If you want your email removed, evidence that you have made a donation to a reputable charity is the ONLY way.