If you’re from Australia or New Zealand, you probably love a classic rack of lamb.
Here’s a simple recipe from my Mum (thanks Mum) that works in US gas ovens.
Cooking Time ~ 2 hours
I recommend letting the rack of lamb get to room temperature first to get the best result.
- Pre-Heat Oven to 425 F (~220C)
- Diamond-Cut / Score the Lamb.
- Season with Coarse Salt and optionally coarsely chopped mint.
- Season with Olive Oil
- Stand up lamb, interlocking the bones on an oven tray with a raised rack.
- Reduce oven temperature to 400F (~200C) and put Lamb in oven.
- Sit back, relax, for the 2-hour cooking time.
If you want to check the internal temperature of the Rack of Lamb is right for your preferences:
- Rare: 115-120°F
- Medium-Rare: 125°F
- Medium: 130°F
- Medium-Well: 145°F
- Well Done: 150°F