I have detailed information about the following Lowcock family associated inventions and products.
- Lowcock Plough: a type of turnwrest plough (confirmed: related!)
- Lowcock’s Lemonade: a soft drink brand
- Lowcock Fuel Economiser: for fuel efficiency in steam engines
- Lowcock Razor: a straight razor, made by George Lowcock.
It’s possible that there is a family connection between the Lowcock Plough, Fuel Economizer and Lowcock Razor – you can read my notes here. I am absolutely not saying there is a connection, it’s very speculative. Help is needed!
People with the surname Lowcock who I almost have no information about but I am keen to learn more:
- Charles Lowcock, Sickle & Reaping Hook Manufacturer
Charles resided at Princess Street Dronfield, in 1905
Name and occupation recorded in Whites Directory of Sheffield & Rotherham
Also referenced in the UK National Archives
Not to be confused with Charles Frederick Lowcock.
- Richard Lowcock, Wholesale Tea Dealer
Address in 1845, listed in the London Gazette as Queen Street Place, London.
Address in 1857, listed in the Solicitors Journal as Lawrence Poutney Lane.
Possibly trading as Richard Lowcock & Sons. Father’s name possibly also Richard.
- James Lowcock, Wheelwright (Wikipedia: a person who makes or repairs wooden wheels).
Address listed as Heeley & Beerhouse, Sheldon St, Little Sheffield
- John Lowcock, Shoemaker and Earthenware Dealer
Address in 1852 listed as being in Little Sheffield
- John Lowcock, Inventor Refrigeration Chamber
Full Name: John Charles Edwin Lowcock
UK Patent Application Number: 1,070,502 (possible, as this patent is for Heat Pump Plants)
US Patent: US3237424 A
Invention dated 1964.
- Henry Lowcock – he has his own Wikipedia page. Not sure if he is a relation.
If you have any information or can give me more advice, insights, help please contact me.
If the Lowcock invention, brand, or product is not listed here that just means I don’t know about it yet! I’m more than happy to add it to this page.
I do not own any of the items mentioned on the site or have original records. If you own any and are considering selling them, please contact me.
Lowcock Family History
If you would like to learn more about the Lowcock surname and family history, please visit the Lowcock History page.
You can learn more about Lowcock Genealogy, or specific Lowcock family member:
- Lowcock Plough
- Lowcock Lemonade
- Lowcock Fuel Economizer; and the
- Lowcock Razor
- Lowcock CF (Charles Frederick), Artist
If you are researching Lowcock Family History and can help – visit the help needed page. If you want to understand the distribution of the Lowcock surname in the UK, visit the Lowcock map page. Just interested in the images and photos? Visit the Lowcock Genealogy Pinterest page.
This page is maintained by Joshua Lowcock.Last updated: February 11, 2019 at 20:46 pm