Not being from the UK, it was hard for me to get a sense of perspective on exactly where the Lowcock Plough, Lowcock’s Lemonade, Lowcock Razor, and Lowcock’s Iron Foundry was located. Using Google maps I was able to get a better context, which I am sharing below.
The marked points of interest are:
- Lowcock Plough Tiverton (Lower Corner, Southwest)
- Lowcock’s Lemonade Middlesbrough (Upper Corner, Northeast)
- Lowcock’s Iron Foundry Manchester (Middle, West)
- Lowcock Razor, Middlesex (South East)
- Lowcock Mill, Linton (North)
Given the geographic distribution and considerable travel time (even today) between each point, it’s hard to see how everyone is related. Although, Lowcock’s Lemonade, Lowcock’s Foundry, and Lowcock’s Mill are in relative (no pun intended) close proximity. Hopefully one day I will have more clarity on what connects all the dots.
The above map was made using MapCustomizer.
Lowcock Name Distribution Today
- Google and Facebook have been my friend in this regard. Today, there are still Lowcock’s in the UK (England and Scotland), but also in the USA, Australia, and Hong Kong. If your surname is Lowcock and you live in a country not listed, let me know and I’ll be happy to update this list.
Lowcock Family History
If you would like to learn more about the Lowcock surname and family history, please visit the Lowcock History page.
You can learn more about Lowcock Genealogy, or specific Lowcock family member:
- Lowcock Plough: a type of turnwrest plough, invented by Henry Lowcock
- Lowcock’s Lemonade: a soft drink brand
- Lowcock Mill: a hydro-electric mill located in Linton, Yorkshire
- Lowcock Fuel Economiser: for fuel efficiency in steam engines
- Lowcock Razor: a straight razor, made by George Lowcock
- Lowcock Dairy: a Dairy located in Pendleton, UK.
- Lowcock Freemason: Bro. H. Lowcock, a Freemason
- Lowcock Hong Kong: Henry Lowcock, Sydney James Lowcock and the Lowcock name in Hong Kong
- Arthur Lowcock and Blackpool Tower: a director of the company that built Blackpool Tower
- CF Lowcock (Charles Frederick): A British painter from the Victorian/Edwardian era
- Joyce Lowcock: A playwright
- Lowcock War Memorial: pages dedicated to those who served
If you are researching Lowcock Family History and can help – visit the help needed page. If you want to understand the distribution of the Lowcock surname in the UK, visit the Lowcock map page. Just interested in the images and photos? Visit the Lowcock Genealogy Pinterest page.
This page is maintained by Joshua Lowcock.